This story was published in Radio Recall, the journal of the Metropolitan Washington Old-Time Radio Club, published six times per year.
Click here to return to the index of selected articles.
NEW ELLERY QUEEN BOOK CELEBRATES CENTENNIAL
(From Radio Recall, October 2005)
A book is being published in honor of the centennial of the births of Manfred B. Lee and Frederic Dannay (who created Ellery Queen), and in the fictional world of EQ, the centennial of Ellery himself.
The Adventure of the Murdered Moths and Other Radio Mysteries will be sold in both a limited hard back and a softcover edition. The book includes the following EQ radio mysteries:
1) The case of the Tontine whose members die off one by one
2) The disappearance of Napoleon’s Razor on a cross-country railroad train
3) The case that Sherlock Holmes failed to solve
4) The strangling in a haunted cave with only the victim’s footprints leading to the corpse
5) A dying message which seems to name all the suspects
6) The clue of the dead moth, in addition to eight other extraordinary mysteries
1-932009-14-0, Clothbound in jacket, numbered and limited to 275 copies, each of which contains a previously unrecorded EQ script, "The Case of the Three Macklins," in a separate chapbook. $45.00.
1-932009-15-9, Trade softcover. $20.00.
Shipping is $3.00 for the first book; add $1.00 for 2 copies. and mail to: Crippen & Landru Publishers, P.O., Box 9315, Norfolk, VA 23505-9315. You may also order on-line: www.crippenlandru.com